We’re back with another previously unreleased (archived) episode, this time from Spring 2020… since March never ended, apparently.
Join us for a continuation of our ‘Women as Robots’ series, as we discuss the hit indie film Ex Machina. Topics include killer sex toys, adaptations of the bluebeard myth, Silicon Valley bros, and our dissatisfaction over the gendering/exploitation of AI in media.
- Ex Machina (2014)
- “i’m gonna design sex robots with such advanced AI that they still reject incels” — @Chinchillazllla, Twitter.
- Locked Door and (Un-)Dead Women: Horror and Fairytale in Ex Machina — Eryn Killian, REVELSmagazine
- How “Ex Machina” Toys With Its Female Characters — Kjerstin Johnson, bitchmedia
- “I Am Mother” Review: The Robot Story You’ve Been Craving — Shianne Edelmayer, WhatNerd
- I Am Mother (2019)
- METALLIC LOVE, by Tanith Lee
- THE SILVER METAL LOVER, by Tanith Lee
- Episode 1: USS Callister (2019)