Your early Valentine’s Day episode is a trip to Foxworth Hall as we explore VC Andrew’s 1979 FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC, along with the 1987 and 2014 movie adaptations. Covering risqué questions like “what do you think of bad mothers,” we also dive deep into the ethics of bold writing and heap high praise on the Lifetime sequel ‘Petals on the Wind,’ a movie so bad it’s good.
CW: Discussions of incest between siblings, SA/dubious consent, child abuse, and child death.
- FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC, by VC Andrews
- Flowers in the Attic (1987)
- Flowers in the Attic (2014)
- Petals on the Wind (2014)
- “You’re My Present This Year”: An Oral History of the Folgers Incest Ad — Gabriella Paiella, GQ
- AKUMA DE SOUROU, by Mitsuba Takanashi
- FLOWER OF EVIL, by Lee Hyeon-sook
- FORBIDDEN, by Tabitha Suzuma
- GODS OF GREEN MOUNTAIN, by VC Andrews
- MY SWEET AUDRINA, by VC Andrews
- Nymphomaniac: Vol I (2013)
- Nymphomaniac: Vol II (2013)
- SHARP OBJECTS, by Gillian Flynn