For our 2-year anniversary (and 50th episode) we journey off the well-worn path to cover the much-requested The Company of Wolves by Angela Carter—both in short story and film format.
This week, our thirst for unibrowed werewolves knows no bounds. We also dig deep into a discussion on the deeply feminine mythos, modernization, and aesthetic of Red Riding Hood.
- LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD, by The Brothers Grimm
- THE BLOODY CHAMBER AND OTHER STORIES, by Angela Carter
- The Company of Wolves (1984)
- Angela Carter (Wikipedia page)
- Carnivore Incarnate: Angela Carter’s ‘The Company of Wolves’ — Morgaine Davidson, Thresholds
- Angela Carter’s Feminist Mythology — Joan Acocella, The New Yorker