Hide under the covers when you hear the knock—the Babadook has arrived. Continuing our love of women-centered horror, we sat down to watch Jennifer Kent’s 2014 The Babadook, and discuss themes of motherhood, grief, and the existential dread of winter in Australia.
Bonus content: A frank discussion on childhood fears and the utterly bizarre film Mars Attacks.
- The Babadook (2014)
- The Babadook: The New Physicality of Ghosts in Horror by What’s So Great About That?
- The Babadook & Mad, Queer Grief — Ashley Barry, Horror Homeroom
- Late Stage Disney (YouTube)
- Knock on door #2 by SoundsForHim
- Music box lullaby by csnmedia