LISTEN ON ITUNES | SOUNDCLOUD | YOUTUBE
Hide under the covers when you hear the knock—the Babadook has arrived. Continuing our love of women-centered horror, we sat down to watch Jennifer Kent’s 2014 The Babadook, and discuss themes of motherhood, grief, and the existential dread of winter in Australia. Bonus content: a frank discussion on childhood fears and the utterly bizarre film Mars Attacks.
- The Babadook (2014)
- The Babadook: The New Physicality of Ghosts in Horror by What’s So Great About That?
- The Babadook & Mad, Queer Grief — Ashley Barry, Horror Homeroom
- Late Stage Disney — Renegade Cut
- Beloved (1987) by Toni Morrison
- Hereditary (2018)
- Midsommar (2019)
- The Haunting of Hill House (2018)