APPLE PODCASTS | SOUNDCLOUD | SPOTIFY
Hide under the covers when you hear the knock—the Babadook has arrived. Continuing our love of women-centered horror, we sat down to watch Jennifer Kent’s 2014 The Babadook, and discuss themes of motherhood, grief, and the existential dread of winter in Australia.
Bonus content: A frank discussion on childhood fears and the utterly bizarre film Mars Attacks.
- The Babadook (2014)
- The Babadook: The New Physicality of Ghosts in Horror by What’s So Great About That?
- The Babadook & Mad, Queer Grief — Ashley Barry, Horror Homeroom
- Late Stage Disney (YouTube)
- BELOVED, by Toni Morrison
- Hereditary (2018)
- Midsommar (2019)
- The Haunting of Hill House (2018)
- Knock on door #2 by SoundsForHim
- Music box lullaby by csnmedia
- Note: Episode edited on November 13, 2020 for quality control adjustments. Previous closing sounds also included Creepy Lullaby, A by InspectorJ. It has since been replaced with Music box lullaby csnmedia.