LISTEN ON ITUNES | SOUNDCLOUD | YOUTUBE
Better later than never forever: on today’s episode Erin introduces us to the fantasy classic The Last Unicorn. We identify with Molly Grue far too much, and talk about the transition from childhood to adult concerns. Also featured: a deep dive into the symbolism of Beagle’s original text, along with lots of love for rosy-cheeked skeletons and unicorn ladies.
- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
- The Last Unicorn (1982)
- What’s So Great About That? — The Last Unicorn: Why Must You Speak in Riddles (YouTube)
- Feminism Meets Fantasy In The Last Unicorn, Britt Hayes, 2016
- Author Spotlight: Peter S. Beagle, T.J. McIntyre, Undated
- One of the Best Fantasy Novels Ever Is Nothing Like The Lord of the Rings, Yosef Lindell, 2018