It’s 2019 and the world is a dystopian nightmare defined by capitalistic decay and the struggle to empathize with one’s fellow man (and woman). Join us in the future we already know, just less cool looking, as we talk about Blade Runner and our frustration with Blade Runner 2049 from the perspective of a feminine audience.
Spoiler Alert: Nat gets drunk on wine and Shi does her best robot impersonation yet.
- DO ANDROID DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? by Phillip K. Dick
- Blade Runner (1982)
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
- Cyberpunk (YouTube) — Link no longer available.
- Why Blade Runner 2049 is a Misogynistic Mess — Charlotte Gush, Vice
- ‘Blade Runner’ Anime Series Set at Adult Swim, Crunchyroll — Joe Otterson, Variety
- Sean Young alleges Harvey Weinstein flashed her; reveals Blade Runner 2049 disappointment — Adam White, Telegraph
- Altered Carbon (2018 – 2020)
- BLADE RUNNER 2049 – “Black Out 2022” (2017)
- THE DIAMOND AGE: OR, A YOUNG LADY’S ILLUSTRATED PRIMER, by Neal Stephenson
- Akira (1988)