Nuttiness ensues as we talk the lore of E.T.A. Hoffman’s THE NUTCRACKER and its subsequent ballet, film, and book adaptations. We also take a trip to the technopunk fairyland of Claire Legrand’s 2014 YA novel WINTERSPELL.
Be prepared for hero-villain romances, Drosselmeyer wank, Rat King thirst, and bisexual rep done right, as we settle in for the holidays.
- THE NUTCRACKER AND THE MOUSE KING, by E.T.A. Hoffman
- The Nutcracker Ballet (Tchaikovsky)
- DANCING ON MY GRAVE, by Gelsey Kirkland
- WINTERSPELL, by Claire Legrand
- Bisexual Women Are at Higher Risk for Depression and Suicide — Samantha Allen, The Daily Beast
- Ballet Theatre: Baryshnikov’s Version Of ‘Nutcracker’ — Lewis Segal, LA Times