Who’s the true O.G. of our mask-and-glove kink and prone to bridal carries into underworld lairs? Why, Erik of course.
Courtney of @WhoTalksFirst and @SquadronGoalsCo joins us to gush about the ultimate gothic romance, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, plus our favourite POTO adaptation, The Last Jedi. We also bring the receipts on Raoul, call out Lord Andy for his self-insert fanfic, and sing praises for Gerard Butler’s plunging v-neck.
- THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, by Gaston Leroux
- The Phantom of the Opera (1986 Musical)
- The Phantom of the Opera (2004)
- Love Never Dies (2010 Musical)
- Loose Canon: Phantom of the Opera Part 1 – Before Broadway (YouTube)
- Loose Canon: Phantom of the Opera Part 2 – After Lord Andy (YouTube)
- The infamous Rian Johnson Phantom thread
- What is Gothic Literature? — Melissa Elmes, Melissa Elmes
- What’s Gothic Now? — Alma Katsu, Tor
- Spring Awakening (2006 Musical)
- Dear Evan Hansen (2016 Musical)
- The Last Jedi (2017)
- The Phantom of the Opera (1990)