APPLE PODCASTS | SOUNDCLOUD | SPOTIFY
In the second half of our cyberpunk meltdown, guest Cait (commandercait) and the crew go hardcore on the Matrix sequels Reloaded and Revolutions, and how the story ended up drowning in dated tropes and lowered stakes.
Cait talks about conquering The Matrix Online, we have our trench coat trash genre recs, and everyone discusses how the Twins are acceptable sandwich material.
- The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
- The Death and Rebirth of ‘The Matrix Online’ — Matt Sayer, Vice Waypoint
- White saviour narrative in film (See Matrix entry)
- We’re losing all our Strong Female Characters to Trinity Syndrome —Tasha Robinson, The Dissolve
- THE SILVER METAL LOVER, by Tanith Lee
- Altered Carbon (2018 – 2020)
- The Sprawl Trilogy, by William Gibson
- Blade (1998)
- Underworld (2003)
- Deus Ex (2000 – 2017)
- Mass Effect (2007 – 2012)
One thought on “EPISODE 018: TRENCH COAT TRASH, PART II”