APPLE PODCASTS | SOUNDCLOUD | SPOTIFY
Robot women have existed since the dawn of time, but we’re just beginning to talk about them on Metamashina.
We start our series on ladies of the future with the 1927 silent film Metropolis, directed by Fritz Lang and reconstructed in 2010. The harpies get heavy on Marxism, history, feminine-coded maschinenmensch, and why we can all love both Freder and Faust.
As always, you can find us on Twitter! Please do us a solid and rate and review us on iTunes, as it really helps out the show. See the show notes below.
- Metropolis (1927) (YouTube) — Link no longer available.
- The Making of Metropolis (1927) (YouTube) — Link no longer available.
- THE SANDMAN/DER SANDMANN, by E.T.A. Hoffmann
- THE FUTURE EVE, by Auguste Villiers de l’Isle-Adam, pub 1886
- The Architects of Doom (1989)
- THE UNCANNY, by Sigmund Freud
- Art Deco
- A Cyborg Manifesto: Science, Technology, and Socialist-Feminism in the Late Twentieth Century — Link no longer available
- Tower of Babel
- Aleister Crowley
- Metropolis (2001)
- Nosferatu (1922)
- Loss of Feeling (1935)
3 thoughts on “EPISODE 010: INVASION OF THE MARIAS”
Thank you so much for this podcast!
I’ve been waiting for a new one since the last and OMG, seriously, you girls have no idea what this one help me A LOT -AGAIN- to wrap up an interpretation for my fic that i’m working on, specifically when you talk about of Babalon and Aleister Crowley’s religious (?) conception, AKA Thelema; a plot that I’m writing introduce some of the idea of that, or at least, I tried to, when he describe the path to Babalon through the abyss in order to become “master”, or something like that… Anyway I love this stuff and when you girls mentioned it, I got excited! 😀
You’re my inspiration, Harpies! I’m grateful and truly lucky to cross paths with you.
lots of love! ❤ ❤ ❤ :3
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lots of love to you too! (And sorry for the late reply to this). Glad to help.