The second part of our discussion of the Alien Franchise ends with a whimper rather than a bang as we try hard to appreciate the beautiful-but-flawed Prometheus and Alien: Covenant.
CW: We discuss physical and sexual violence as presented in these films, as well as Space Jesus, Robot Lucifer, the stupidest scientists ever sent to meet alien life, and why all women could benefit from a robot companion (as long as it’s not programmed by a narcissistic asshole).
- Prometheus (2012)
- Alien: Covenant (2017)
- Read Damon Lindelof’s Draft of the PROMETHEUS Script — Steve Weintraud, Collider
- Alien: Covenant Prologue: The Crossing (YouTube)
- Kroft Talks About Movies: Alien Covenant Novel: Deleted Scenes & Differences — Link no longer available.
- Knights of Sidonia (2014 – 2015)
- Pitch Black (2000)
- Drone_OminousDistortion.wav by ceich93
- fx_drone_kc_low-tone-mech-drone-pulse-tlspc_02.wav by kayceemixer