They’re catty, they’re snobby, they’ll ruin your high school experience. So why do we love them so much?
In today’s episode we cover the Holy Trinity of “teen drama queen” films: Clueless, Mean Girls, and Heathers. Be prepared for a very long tangent about the socialization of young women as each others’ enemies. We also dip into the inevitabilities of being bullied as a teenager.
- ‘Clueless’: Way Existential — Link no longer available.
- Why Clueless Is Still A Feminist Masterpiece — Rachel Khona, Bustle
- Mean Girls: Feminist Review and Analysis — the rogue feminist
- Girls on Film: Why no teen film compares to Heathers — Monika Bartyzel, The Week
- Costume, Colour and Semiotics of Heathers — Clothes on Film