LISTEN ON ITUNES | SOUNDCLOUD | YOUTUBE
They’re catty, they’re snobby, they’ll ruin your high school experience. So why do we love them so much? In today’s episode we cover the Holy Trinity of “teen drama queen” films: Clueless, Mean Girls, and Heathers. Be prepared for a very long tangent about the socialization of young women as each others’ enemies. We also dip into the inevitabilities of being bullied as a teenager.
- ‘Clueless’: Way Existential – Bitch Flicks
- Why Clueless Is Still A Feminist Masterpiece 20 Years Later, Because There’s More Than Meets The Eye When It Comes To Cher Horowitz – Bustle
- Mean Girls: Feminist Review and Analysis – the rogue feminist
- Girls on Film: Why no teen film compares to Heathers – The Week
- Costume, Colour and Semiotics of Heathers – Clothes on Film