It’s finally here! After a long, arduous process of trial and error (intermingled with too much wine), Metamashina is finally off the ground. This week on the podcast: the girls talk clown kink, Star Wars fandom, and Kafkaesque Tumblr hellscapes.
While we’re waiting in the wings for iTunes, check out our niche-form-of-rambling, let us know what you think, and subscribe to us on Soundcloud! We’re also lurking on Twitter, if that suits your fancy. Show notes (AKA “Reading”) are below.
- Exiting the Vampire Castle
- (Correction: Mark left us earlier 2017, he will be remembered with love)
- On Anti Tumblr Culture/Neoliberal Victorian Puritanism
- I have gazed into the abyss, and the abyss stared back
- Remember the good ol’ days, when Tumblr was only slightly hysterical — Link no longer available.
- “Baffling how much of this site is just conservative protestantism with a gay hat” — Link no longer available.
- The rise of the anti-fandom fandom — Aja Romano, Daily Dot
- On the “It” Fandom Clown-fucking Phenomenon
- The Internet Is Freaking Out About How Hot the Clown From It Is And I Need To Lie Down — Julia Pugachevsky, Cosmopolitan
- How to deal with the fact the clown from It is very hot IRL — Dana Schwartz, EW
- Alas, People Online Are Quite Horny for Pennywise the Clown — Katie Way, Inverse
- UPROOTED, by Naomi Novak
- Stephen King’s “It” (1990)
- Faculty of Horror (Podcast)
- HOUSE OF LEAVES, by Mark Z. Danielewski
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- THE NIGHT INSIDE, by Nancy Barker