LISTEN ON ITUNES | SOUNDCLOUD | YOUTUBE
It’s finally here! After a long, arduous process of trial and error (intermingled with too much wine), Metamashina is finally off the ground. This week on the podcast: the girls talk clown kink, Star Wars fandom, and Kafkaesque Tumblr hellscapes.
While we’re waiting in the wings for iTunes, check out our niche-form-of-rambling, let us know what you think, and subscribe to us on Soundcloud and Youtube! We’re also lurkin’ on Twitter, if that suits your fancy. Show notes (AKA “Additional Reading”) are below.
On Anti Tumblr Culture/Neoliberal Victorian Puritanism
- I have gazed into the abyss, and the abyss stared back
- Remember the good ol’ days, when Tumblr was only slightly hysterical
- “Baffling how much of this site is just conservative protestantism with a gay hat”
- Daily Dot takes a swing at it
- Seriously, just Google it
On the “It” Fandom Clown-fucking Phenomenon
- The Internet Is Freaking Out About How Hot the Clown From It Is And I Need To Lie Down (And yes, there is already Pennywise erotic fan fiction) – Cosmopolitan
- How to deal with the fact the clown from It is very hot IRL *Checks every single storm drain* – EW
- Alas, People Online Are Quite Horny for Pennywise the Clown (The Internet is, unfortunately, kind of down to crush on the titular character from ‘It’) – Inverse
- Faculty of Horror Podcast by Alexandra West and Andrea Subisatti
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski